Tepe Furniture is a name that has woven it's way into the upholstery of Michiana for over 100 years. Father and son, Frank and Edwin Tepe, started Tepe Furniture and the trade has been carefully passed down for multiple generations (Frank, Edwin, Richard, and Steven) with further generations employed under them.
The business originally started in 1920 in another venue within South Bend and then in 1927 relocated to it's freshly constructed current location, sharing it's space with a grocery store. Eventually the entire space was taken over by the business, a complete furniture showroom upstairs and down with a reupholstering shop in the rear. Sometime within the 1980's the decision was made and furniture was no longer sold, with the focus going forward on the reupholstering and customization of furniture.
There was formerly a department store within Mishawaka and this was owned by a close cousin, who often shared lunches with our owner at the time, but had no connection to this business.